Saturday, September 17, 2011

Task 3: Khan Academy

           After reading the article, it got me thinking about how my perspectives and academic performance would have changed if this idea were to be incorporated during my time in high school. I would be able to learn quicker and to appreciate subjects such as math and science even more. The idea of being able to control the progression of the lecture would enable me to focus more. At times, I get really bored and become disinclined to listen because most of my teachers in high school unnecessarily go over topics in too much detail. Some people like me in my school, have the propensity to not ask as many questions as they would during class. The reason is that we feel embarrassed. I believe these videos not only eliminates that insecurity, but it also gives students the kind of individual attention that a traditional classroom does not offer. In addition, it would eliminate the reliance on tests and quizzes for teachers to evaluate their students' performance. Overall, the videos can be considered as an alternative to the more expensive choice in having one teacher for each student. All it requires is having internet, speakers, and a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment