Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Task 15: Do we need assignment templates? Are they useful or condescending?

I believe the templates should not be used because they constrict the writer to a specific structure that limits variability in style. Obviously not everyone writes the same. To a degree, the template does cover a range in which it efficaciously persuades the reader into agreeing with the the template user. However, I feel like it does not go into further details in trying to refute the "author x." For assignment 4, the template seems to act as a hindrance to achieving the word count and limits one to say anything else in depth. If the template were to function more in an essay format, then I would find the template acceptable. Thus, there was some difficulty in utilizing the template in an essay-based assignment. I felt that using the template precluded me from saying all about a specific topic in Dale Steven's article. I felt that in order to succeed in reaching the word count, I would have to provide body paragraphs that covers various issues on what Steven's proposed about education and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment