Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Task 11: My impression on Birkstein-Graff Argument Templates

I can find some similarities in my writing with template two. For instance, the frequent usage of introductory phrases seems like a common technique that provides the reader a better sense of direction. It clarifies the details that the user of the template imposes. Just like my prior sentence, I use these common phrases such as "For example" and "Therefore" to provide both any corroborative evidence to justify a claim, and to explicitly indicate my position to the claim. I think of the templates as the basic foundation in which it can be freely incorporated into any argument. Another similarity I find with this particular template is that it not only has a supporting aspect, but also a refuting section as well. The last four sentences overall covers both sides of an argument in general; as a result, this gives one the impression to accept the individual's verity.

No comments:

Post a Comment